Merge Games announced on Tuesday that Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX will be launching two days earlier than anticipated, with the game getting moved up to June 22.
Alongside the news of a shifted release date, a brand new trailer for the upcoming platform has been released, giving players a great look at what they can expect when the game launches later this month. For those unaware, Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX is a remaster of the original SEGA Master System game that launched way back in 1986.
Check out the new trailer below:
Fans of the game will recognize a ton of their favorite locations, redone in a brand new art style, alongside some brand new locations that weren’t in the original game. The remaster also includes some updated tweaks to the original game, including improved boss fight systems, different modes, and extra levels that help expand the lore of the original title. Some other key features for the upcoming remaster include:
- A Legend Reborn – Dive into a stunning recreation of Alex Kidd in Miracle World with striking new art and tighter, more fluid controls.
- New Modes – New modes such including ‘Classic Mode’ and ‘Boss Rush Mode’ will be available for players alongside the standard game.
- New Levels – Experience new levels which expand the lore of the original.
- Alternative Boss Fights – New and improved boss fight mechanics with more intuitive combat.
- Classic Mode – Experience the original game with boss fights, dialogue, levels, and functions remain true to the original Master System version.
- New and remastered music – A wide array of reimagined music tracks as well as remastered tracks from the original classic game!
Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX is set to launch on June 22, 2021, for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Nintendo Switch.