Trainers, Niantic has shared that the choice between Red and Green version of the Kanto Tour event is coming soon! The Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event takes place on Saturday, February 20, 2021, from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. local time.
Ticket holders have until the end of the event to choose between Red Version or Green Version. When opening the app, you’ll be prompted to pick a version before you can participate.
The differences between these two versions of the are listed below, with much more details available in our original event article.
- Red Version–Exclusive Pokémon: Ekans, Oddish, Mankey, Growlithe, Scyther, and Electabuzz will be attracted to Incense.
- You’ll have an increased chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Ekans, Pikachu, Nidoran♀, Oddish, Diglett, Mankey, Growlithe, Ponyta, Shellder, Drowzee, Krabby, Hitmonlee, Lickitung, Scyther, Electabuzz, Eevee, Kabuto, and Dratini.
- Green Version–Exclusive Pokémon: Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout, Magmar, and Pinsir will be attracted to Incense.
- You’ll have an increased chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran♂, Vulpix, Meowth, Psyduck, Bellsprout, Geodude, Exeggcute, Hitmonchan, Koffing, Tangela, Horsea, Magmar, Pinsir, Eevee, Omanyte, and Dratini.
Now that you know the differences between Red Version and Green Version, it’s decision time! Once you choose your event version, you can’t change it, so pick carefully! To choose your event version, follow the instructions below.
- Open your Item Bag.
- Tap your Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto ticket to bring up the selection pop-up.
- This selection pop-up will prompt you to tap either Choose Red or Choose Green.
- After selecting your version, you’ll be asked to tap YES to confirm. You can’t change your event version once you’ve confirmed your choice, so pick carefully!