Announced during IGN’s Summer of Gaming stream, a new and improved version Doki Doki Literature Club is coming to consoles and PC later this month. There will also be a physical edition packed with goodies.
Titled Doki Doki Literature Club Plus, the return of Dan Salvato’s 2017 visual novel features a slew of new content to appease both new and returning players. As presented in the announcement trailer, this includes new side stories, improved visuals, over 13 new music trackers, and more than 100 unlockable images. It is set to release on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch on June 30.
A premium physical edition of Doki Doki Literature Club Plus is also available to purchase for the collectors out there. You can pre-order the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, or Nintendo Switch version right now on Serenity Forge for $29.99. Here is everything you’ll find in the physical edition as listed on its pre-order page:
- Physical copy of Nintendo Switch/PlayStation 4/PlayStation 5 Game
- Nintendo Switch Exclusive: Poem notebook inner coversheet
- 2” Character Standees – Set of 4
- Full Soundtrack Download Code – Printed on Floppy Shaped Card
- Vinyl Sticker Sheet – Set of 17 Stickers
- Doki Doki Literature Club Membership Card
- Exclusive Special Poem Written by Monika
As mentioned above, Doki Doki Literature Club originally released in 2017 on PC. It is still free on Steam right now. Although it presents itself as pretty tame, but the end of the trailer warns that the game is “not suitable for children or those who are easily disturbed.”