Where to find Umbreon in New Pokemon Snap.
Although we have a dedicated Eeveelutions locations guide for New Pokemon Snap, finding Umbreon in particular requires some pretty arcane steps, so we’ve decided to put together a short guide specifically dedicated to everybody’s favourite Gen 2 edgelord to make it easier for you to find it.
The first time I found Umbreon was actually by mistake, so I spent quite a while messing around with solutions in order to understand the exact prerequisites that need to be met for it to spawn. If you’re having a hard time figuring out Umbreon’s location in New Pokemon Snap, look no further than this detailed guide that explicitly describes every single detail you need to know to add it to your Photodex.
Here’s our comprehensive New Pokemon Snap Umbreon location guide.
New Pokemon Snap: How To Get Umbreon
Umbreon can actually be found in two locations in New Pokemon Snap. The easiest way to find it is to visit the Illumina Spot on Aurus island after you get to rank two, which will cause it to spawn right next to Xerneas in one of the last rooms.
If you want a better shot of Umbreon, though, you’ll need to find it in the Ruins of Remembrance, too. Causing it to spawn is easy once you know what to do, but figuring out the steps necessary for getting it to emerge from the shadows can be tough. Here are the exact steps you need to follow to make Umbreon spawn in the Ruins of Remembrance.
- Get Ruins of Remembrance to rank three.
- After the introductory section with Houndoom and Eldegoss, you’ll be forced to turn right into a cavern. There will be a sleeping Houndoom in front of you, but ignore that. Instead, turn left and throw an Illumina orb at Noivern, which will cause it to fly out of the cave.
- When you get to where Noivern was, turn left and look down a narrow corridor. This is the same location where Salandit normally spawns at lower ranks.
- Throw Illumina orbs and fluffruit down the corridor while playing music. I’ve tried doing all of these things individually and Umbreon rarely spawns, so now I just do all three together to be extra sure.
- Umbreon will run right past you and leave the cavern, turning left to sprint past the sleeping Sigilyph.
- In the main chamber, Umbreon can be found at the fourth Illumina pillar, right next to the Golurk with a Natu on its shoulder.
- Throw an Illumina orb at Umbreon to wake it up. At this point it should run over to Absol, who follows you through the chamber. Take a photo of it growling at Absol and you’ll be awarded a four-star shot – it’s basically the exact scene in the image at the top of this article.
And that’s it! Easy once you know what you’re doing, but initially a little bit difficult to figure out.
Next: New Pokemon Snap: Complete Guide And Walkthrough
Fall Guys Xbox And Switch Release Date Delayed Indefinitely
About The Author