As is always the way when a new financial report arrives, Nintendo has published an updated look at its upcoming release schedule. The list is a reminder that the first-party line-up for Spring and Summer is shaping up quite nicely, while clearly there’s still plenty to be revealed for the second half of the year.
Below you’ll find a list of Nintendo’s (announced) major releases planned for 2021 and beyond (not including third-party releases).
The United States / Europe (correct as of May 2021)
Japan (correct as of May 2021)
- New Pokémon Snap – 30th April, 2021
- Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir – 14th May, 2021
- Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind – 14th May, 2021
- Miitopia – 21st May, 2021
- DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power – 4th June, 2021
- Game Builder Garage – 11th June, 2021
- Mario Golf: Super Rush – 25th June, 2021
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – 16th July, 2021
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond – Late 2021
- Pokémon Shining Pearl – Late 2021
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus – Early 2022
- Splatoon 3 – 2022
- Bayonetta 3 – TBA
- Metroid Prime 4 (temp.) – TBA
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel (temp.) – TBA
As you can see, there’s a big three of games still ‘TBA’, which is unsurprising, but it’s fair to say that the line-up for the second half of the year will flesh out in the coming weeks and months. The picture could look quite different after E3 2021, for example.
Which of these games are you looking forward to the most, and which of those ‘TBA’ titles are you most desperate to see more of? Let us know in the comments.