A Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl dupe glitch has been discovered, making it astonishingly easy to make a copy of your favorite Pokemon in the latest Nintendo Switch release of this long-running franchise.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl is the newest release in the Pokemon franchise and it has a lot of challenging content for gamers whether you’re trying to tackle the Grand Underground or battling gym leaders and the Elite Four. This updated pair of games has barely been out a week — and it looks like someone has already figured out how to break it.
— Kevinfor5 (@kevinfor5) November 23, 2021
How the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Dupe Glitch Works
The Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl dupe glitch seems to be a pretty straightforward process. Here’s how to do the glitch according to @kevinfor5 on Twitter; you can see the results in the embedded tweet above.
- Put 1 Pokemon in Box 1, Slot 1 and 1 Pokemon in Box 2, Slot 1
- Put Box 1, Slot 1 into the Battle Box
- Talk to the woman in the daycare and select Box 2, Slot 1
- Switch boxes 1 and 2 by pressing Y twice
- Once you have the Pokemon in the Battle Box selected, press B twice and A — this gives you a temporary MissingNo
- Put 1 Pokemon you don’t want into the Battle Box first. Then, put the Pokemon you want to duplicate in afterward.
- Make sure to put the Pokemon you want to duplicate into the box second — the Pokemon you put in first will be overwritten!
- Check the summary of the Pokemon you want to duplicate and that should make a copy.
As always, keep in mind that using a glitch like this can carry unknown risks — carefully consider whether or not you want to risk unforeseen consequences later on down the line.
Glitches and Pokemon games go hand-in-hand, and this isn’t the only glitch that’s been discovered — there’s also a way to get a Shaymin without the Oak’s Letter item. You can join in the fun of the latest Pokemon game by buying Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl via its official website starting at $59.99 or your regional equivalent.
What do you think of this Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl dupe glitch? What’s your favorite Pokemon in these latest games? Let us know in the comments below!