Seasons have arrived in Pokémon GO! Seasons bring a new set of content every three months, changing everything from Pokémon that appear in the wild, Pokémon that hatch from Eggs to featured Mega evolved Pokémon in Mega Raids.
What are Seasons in Pokémon GO?
Pokémon GO Seasons are content changes that last for three months. The active Season changes every three months and brings new raid bosses, Egg hatches, spawns and Mega Evolutions.
What do Seasons change in Pokémon GO?
When a Pokémon GO Season changes, a huge amount of Pokémon GO game play changes alongside it:
- Wild Pokémon spawns change dramatically to accompany the Season theme
- Different featured wild Pokémon appear more frequently in the Northern and Southern hemisphere
- Available Deerling forms in the Northern and Southern hemisphere change
- Pokémon that hatch from Pokémon Eggs, including Adventure Sync Egg rewards change
- Mega Evolved Pokémon will sometimes get CP boosts during a certain period of the active season
- Different Mega Evolved Pokémon appear in Raids each Season
- In-game events are more closely linked to the current season
- The active GO Battle League Season begins and ends alongside the active Pokémon GO Season
How Seasons influence wild Pokémon spawns in Pokémon GO?
During each Season, Pokémon that are thematically tied to the Season will appear more frequently. For example, Growlithe might be common during the Summer season in the Southern hemisphere and super rare during the Winter season.
Each Season brings featured Pokémon, which spawn in significant numbers during that Season, but they are tied to the hemisphere they are featured in. For example, Season of Celebration featured the following Pokémon:
|Northern hemisphere||Southern hemisphere|
|Winter form Deerling||Summer form Deerling|
Pokémon spawns may change throughout the Season.
How do Pokémon Eggs change with Seasons?
Once a Season starts, the previous list of Pokémon that hatch from Eggs to feature new seasonal Pokémon. There is no difference in Pokémon Eggs collected in the Northern and Southern hemisphere.
During the first Pokémon GO Season (Season of Celebration), only the 2 km and 5 km Eggs were affected.
Events that take place during Seasons can temporarily change which Pokémon hatch from Eggs. Only Eggs collected in the new Season can contain new seasonal Pokémon.
How do I know what Season is currently active in Pokémon GO?
Your Today view shows the currently active Season. For detailed bonuses and Season breakdown, we suggest searching GO Hub for the connected guide.