The Sims 4 has robust cheat options that will allow players to skip the work and get straight into the fun of living life as a Sim.
The Sims 4 is all about finding a delicate balance between what players want to do and what they can afford. Those who are not in the mood to maintain this balance can use cheats to avoid much of the work involved in playing the game.
This guide will detail how to enable cheats and provide an assorted list of cheat codes to help players achieve their goals in The Sims 4.
How to Enable Cheats
Enabling cheats is quite simple, although it will differ depending on the platform:
- PC – Ctrl + Shift + C
- Mac – Command + Shift + C
- Consoles – hold all four trigger buttons.
This will cause a small text box to open in the top left corner of the screen where players can type in the cheat codes. To close the box, enter the same commands.
There are two types of cheats in The Sims 4. The first set is designed for players to use easily and can be entered into the text box. The second set is designed for testing and debugging the game and involves accessing in-game radial menus. Players will need to type “testingCheats true” to enable these cheats, then “testingCheats false” to deactivate them. If players use these cheats, they will need to reactivate them every time they load the game.
The Sims 4 Testing Cheats
Testing cheats are often referred to as Shift-Click cheats. When players enter the “testingCheats true” command, these cheats will be available. Players can then shift-click on a Sim or item to create a radial menu of cheat options. On consoles, players will need to hit X and O on PS or A and B on Xbox.
- Select Cheat Need, then Make Happy to improve their mood
- Select Cheat Need, then Disable Need Decay to stop their needs from changing
- Select Modify in CAS to edit their appearance in the Create-a-Sim
Shift-clicking an item will also generate some cheat options:
- Reset Object will reset an object status
- Make Dirty or Make Clean will change the object status to that value
- Shift-click on the ground will teleport a player’s Sim anywhere within the playable space of the neighborhood
The Sims 4 Money Cheats
Players who wish to get some of the fancier rooms can use the below cheat codes to generate Simoleons, freeze bills, or make all lots free:
- FreeRealEstate On – make all lots free
- FreeRealEstate Off – returns all lots to their original prices
- household.autopay_bills true – turn household bills off
- household.autopay_bills false – turn household bills on
- kaching – gives players 1,000 Simoleons
- Money X – replace X with any number to receive that value in Simoleans
- motherlode – receive 50,000 Simoleons
- rosebud – receive 1,000 Simoleons
The Sims 4 Needs and Aspirations Cheats
While The Sims 4 makes things much easier than real life, players must still fulfill the needs of their Sim. The below cheats will take care of all needs a Sim can have:
- aspirations.complete_current_milestone – complete the Sim’s aspiration goal
- fillmotive motive_bladder – fills bladder motive
- fillmotive motive_energy – fills energy motive
- fillmotive motive_fun – fills fun motive
- fillmotive motive_hunger – fills hunger motive
- fillmotive motive_hygiene – fills hygiene motive
- fillmotive motive_social – fills social motive
- sims.fill_all_commodities – fills all motives
- sims.give_satisfaction_points X – replace X any value to give your Sim that many satisfaction points
The Sims 4 Skill Cheats
Players can alter a Sim’s skill level by entering stats.set_skill_(skill name)_X. X is the required skill level value, up to a maximum of ten. Keep in mind that some skills are more beneficial than others. The skill names are as follows:
Child Sims will need the following cheat code, stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_skill name 10, replacing “skill name” with Creativity, Mental, Motor, or Social.
The Sims 4 Career Cheats
Players who wish to have a Sim try out a new career can use the following cheat codes:
- careers.promote (career name) – promotes player’s Sim within the named career
- careers.demote (career name) – demotes a Sim within that career structure
- careers.add_career (career name) – adds named career to the Sim
- careers.remove_career (career name) – removes named career from the Sim
- sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas – Sim’s career outfit can be altered in Create-a-Sim
The list of potential careers is as follows:
The Sims 4 is available now for PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
MORE: The Sims 5 Needs to Avoid The Same Pitfall The Sims 4 Fell Into
Source: The Sims Wiki
Marvel’s Spider-Man Actor Hasn’t Worked on the Sequel Yet